Monday, July 20, 2009

The sounds of feet

I have become uniquely aware of the sounds of my feet below me.
Tip toeing through our tiny house in the morning, over the fake wood floor, as to not wake the slumbering minds that belong to my family.
The sound of my suede sneakers whisping though the morning dew that has collected on the grass, as I make my way into the world.
I can hear heavy feet on asphalt, at times as if elephants were slowly trudging through the streets and every gravels cracking amplified.
I wonder sometimes if time has heightened my senses, made me aware that the steps are somehow slowly becoming harder, heavier, labored and long.
Pondering if the steps I take are taking me to a specific destination or if they are carrying me through just a line of endless circles.
I am uniquely aware of the sounds of my feet below me and as disturbing as it may be at times it reminds me that I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment